I decided when I started this blog that I would post occasional personal outfits that exemplify ethical consumption in action. It’s a fun challenge for me and I hope it will encourage you in your fashion pursuits.
This outfit is comprised of:
- J. Crew striped shirt (see their production standards)
- Thrifted and altered cardigan
- ModCloth Judy Blue Jeans, made in USA (buy cheaper here)
- Vintage leopard print belt from local shop
- Claytrin necklace by Melissa Lewis
- Second hand Minnetonka moccasins, purchased on ebay
These jeans are a new arrival to my closet, purchased for 12% off during Twelvsies Tuesday at ModCloth. I purchased them there because they offer free return shipping if the item doesn’t fit. Fortunately, they do fit (after shrinking them up a bit in the dryer). Hot Topic offers them for about $10.00 less, however, so I might purchase the dark wash version there in the future. I recommend sizing up one size to keep the button closure from pulling in an unflattering manner.